Don Drummond aka Don Cosmic and Don D, was arguably one of the best trombone player Jamaica has ever seen.
Born in 1943 in Kingston Jamaica. He was the son of Doris Monroe and Uriah Drummond.
Drummond career started while he was attending Alpha Boy School in Kingston Jamaica.
This famous Trombonist and composer was voted as the best Trombonist in 1954. That same year he formed the "Don Drummond Four" group. This group consist of Tommy McCook, Roland Alphonso, Eric Dean and himself.
He was also the main composer for the ska group "The Skatalites".
Don time with us as a musican was short live. In 1965 he was convicted of murder of his long term girlfriend Anita "Marguerta" Mahfood. she was an exotic dancer at THE Cotton Club.
The former student of Alpha Boys School was imprisoned at the Belle Vue Asylum in Kingston, Jamaica. This is where Mentally challenge people are also held.
Four years into his time there he died. Its reported that he died of natural causes.
Some of his greatest hits are:
1. Garden of Love (Don Drummond)
2. Feeling Fine (Don Drummond)
3. Dearest (Dotty & Bonnie)
4. Street Corner (Don Drummond)
5. Latin Goes Ska (Don Drummond)
6. Green Island (Don Drummond)
7. Silver Dollar (Don Drummond)
8. Let George Do It (Don Drummond)
9. Woman a Come (Margarita))
10. Knock Out Punch (Don Drummond)
11. Dr. Decker (Don Drummond)
12. Occupation (Don Drummond)
Don was truly Fantastic and he knew no boundaries.
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to dancehall and reggae artistes.
Stories You Might Have Missed
SEND ALL DANCEHALL AND REGGAE MUSIC RELATED ITEMS TO INFO@DANCEHALLREGGAEWORLD.COM