Audrey Hall Reggae Music Singer
Audrey Hall was borin in 1948, Kingston, Jamaica, she began her career
singing with Dandy Livingstone in the duo Dandy & Audrey.
They recorded the song "Morning Side of the Mountain" in 1969, the success of which led to an album of the same name.
released a second album on the Trojan label, I Need You. Livingstone
also produced Hall's early solo recordings for his Downtown label. Hall
worked as a backing singer through much of the 1970s and early 1980s alongside her sister Pam, including on Jimmy Cliff's Give The People
What They Want, and Peter Tosh's Mama Africa, but she made a comeback as
a solo artist in 1985 with "One Dance Won't Do", an answer record to
Beres Hammond's "What One Dance Can Do", produced by Donovan Germain,
which took her into the UK top 20.
This was followed up by "Smile" in 1986, which repeated her UK chart
success and gave her her biggest hit, and "The Best Thing For Me".
1986, she returned to recording duets, with "Heart Made of Stone" and
the album Dynamic Duo, recorded with former Paragon Don Evans. She
continued to work with Germain, recording for his Germain and Penthouse
labels, and released the album Reggae Zones in 2001.
Albums and Singles released by Audrey Hall
- Morning Side of the Mountain (1970) Downtown (Dandy & Audrey)
- I Need You (197?) (Dandy & Audrey)
- Eight Little Notes (1986) Germain
- Just You Just Me (1987) Germain
- Dynamic Duo Trojan (Audrey Hall & Don Evans)
- Collectors Series (1999) Penthouse
- Reggae Zones (2001) Super Power
- "I Second That Emotion" (1968) Downtown (Audrey & The Dreamers)
- "Love Me Tonight" (1969) Downtown
- "Lover's Concerto" (1969) Downtown
- "You'll Lose a Good Thing" (1969) Downtown
- "One Fine Day" (1969) Downtown (b-side of Dandy's "Games People Play")
- "You Don't Care" (1960) Downtown (Dandy with Audrey)
- "Morning Side of the Mountain" (1969) Down Town (Dandy & Audrey)
- "One Dance Just Won't Do" (1985) Germain (UK #20)[
- "Smile" (1986) Germain (UK #14)
- "The Best Thing For Me" (1985) Germain (UK #93)
- "I Want To Know What Love Is" Germain
- "Heart Made of Stone" (with Don Evans)
- "All I Need to Know" (1991) Penthouse (with Beres Hammond)
- "Open Up Your Eyes" (1999)
- "Fade Away" (1999) Barry U (with Don Evans)
Share your views/ comment on this Artiste!
Do you have a great story about him/her? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said about this artiste..see below
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page about this artiste...
Return home from Reggae singer Audrey Hall page
Producers, Artists, Publicist and Managers Get your Product Out to Over 20,000 Music industry players. Our players Include Radio Stations, Sound Systems and Deejays. Click here to Contact Us For More detail.
Articles On Dancehall Reggae World You Might Have Missed ......
Jun 25, 18 12:37 PM
Promoter Suing Dancehall artiste Popcaan For No-show - BAHAMIAN promoter Damien Thomas is suing Popcaan and his Unruly management for losses incurred from the artiste's no-show at a concert in Abaco I…
Jun 23, 18 07:25 PM
Bluugo Magnum King Robbed at Gunpoint - The 2018 Magnum Kings and Queens of Dancehall competition winner, Bluugo, said he is grateful to be alive after he and a member of his team were robbed at gunpo…
Jun 23, 18 03:36 PM
Reggae Gospel Music - What is Reggae Gospel Music one might be asked? Like dancehall Music, this form of Reggae music originated in the mid-1990s.